Saturday, May 7, 2011

Songs I'm liking a lot right now

After having done that 30 Day Song challenge for the past 3 weeks or so, I'm really starting to appreciate all my music again, because scrolling through my extensive library reveals so many songs I've forgotten about. If you're not doing the song challenge on Facebook, I recommend it; it's like educating yourself on your own music.

Old or new, here are some songs I'm really feeling right now.

song title - artist
__________________________________

My ultra favourites right now:

Such Great Heights¹ - The Postal Service




In Your Atmosphere - John Mayer




The Switch And The Spur - The Raconteurs




After Hours² - We Are Scientists




Other songs I'm playing heaps:

Down³- Blink 182

Decent Days And Nights - The Futureheads

The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails

Jenny Don't Be Hasty - Paolo Nutini

Phenomena - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Helicopter - Bloc Party

Till The World Ends - Britney Spears

The Glass Prison - Dream Theater

We Are Golden - Mika

Hey Julie⁴- Fountains Of Wayne

The Galway Girl
- Steve Earle

__________________________________

¹ I described these guys to Laura as a more snerious Owl City, but I guess since this album came out in 2003 that I should be saying Owl City are just The Postal Service-lite. Love both though.

² This music video makes the song 10 times cooler than it already is. The dude in pink is a douche.

³ I'm actually bracing myself for the possibility of a really disappointing comeback album, but at least I still enjoy the older stuff right. Listening to +44 and Angels & Airwaves makes me nervous about combining those sounds.

⁴ If you know this song (and you watched Scrubs), you might like this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExFIrV4QpXY

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm suspicious... Collide and Hey Julie have both been played on Scrubs. Hahaha, ooh now I want to listen to Collide. Shot Ok-Laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Scrubs have the same taste in music and humour, we'll put it that way :D

    ReplyDelete