Thursday, August 25, 2011

A stitch in time

A few days ago at work, me and my mate spent all day cutting and grinding and welding together one long piece of stainless steel pipe, one that snaked around a few corners, went through a hole, and then ran along a wall. At the end of the day, we fit the pipe into the brackets and realized that it didn't fit, and the whole day's work had been a complete waste. There's a quote:

"Measure twice, cut once."

New philosophy in life: whatever I am doing, whether it's fitting a pipe, or writing an essay, or compiling code, or planning a wedding, I will over-plan and get it right, however long the planning takes.

Except for when I'm rapping of course. My lyrical wizardry really shines when it just flows from the top of my dome.

2 comments:

  1. You do such a man sounding job. I didn't think of you as a hands on labour kinda guy. Huh.

    So when are you going to display this "lyrical wizardry" you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lyrical wizardry?" When have you ever rapped???

    ReplyDelete