Monday, April 18, 2011

Few thoughts 17

- Well, this hiatus was definitely shorter than I thought it'd be. I imagined I'd be out of the blogging game for over half a year or so, but for more than one reason, I'm feeling the buzz again. I didn't like the thought of just posting in my blog for the sake of posting, so I've waited for that particular fire to burn again, and it feels like it is indeed burning again.

- Romans 8 is my favourite passage in the Bible. Not only are some of my favourite verses sprinkled across the whole thing, but I find it to be a very encouraging chapter, in a realistic way. If you're a believer, read this passage and literally speak it over yourselves. Yeah, I used literally correctly. As in speak it out loud. The power of your words is immense, and what better way of taking advantage of that principle than to speak life and God's promises over someone, even yourself?

- I watched 'August Rush' with my sister Donna but we had to return the DVD to United Video before we'd finished watching it. Then I watched the first half of 'Good Will Hunting' with my other sister Laura before I again had to return the DVD before it was overdue. I have nothing to say about this other than I wished we'd finished watching them both because I love those movies.

- "Whenever I meet somebody who has a kid, they have to show me a photo of their kid. But whenever I show them a photo of me to show to their kid, I'm weird." - Demetri Martin.

- I've realized in the past week that you don't have to google search "inspirational people" or look in Encyclopedias to find true heroes; no, I've found that some of the people closest to me are the very people I want to be most like right. I thank God for putting you guys in my life.

3 comments:

  1. yay you're back! :)

    love from,
    your faithful reader

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah was expecting a much longer hiatus than this. I'm still on (unofficial) hiatus from blogging. Good to see you back anyway. And yeah Romans 8 ftw. One of my favourite passages as well. And so true about the heroes thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to be back. Hope to see you posting again in the near future Mr Silverhands.

    ReplyDelete