Saturday, April 23, 2011

An old Facebook note

I'm feeling a bit lazy today so I wasn't going to post today, but I upon scrolling my past FB notes, I came across this one, and I thought I'd post it again on my blog.
__________________________________

25 Random things about me
by Jesse Toailoa on Friday, 20 February 2009 at 12:44

1. I'm a very strong Springboks supporter. (2007 World Cup winners!!!)

2. When I adjust the volume on TV, it has to be an even number or a multiple of 5. I can never leave it on something like 11.

3. I keep dumb-bells by my bed that I never use. Maybe one day when I'm feeling inspired I guess.

4. Amy reckons that I'm too cheesy.

5. Group situations/discussions are dumb because I never have anything to say that doesn't stop the conversation awkwardly.

6. I never know what to say when people compliment me. 'Thanks' seems weird, and complimenting back for the sake of replying doesn't work either.

7. Although I try to act like I only listen to 'good' music, I listen to so much crap that ruins my music cred. High School Musical, Metro Station, Shania Twain, Paris Hilton etc.

8. I was in the 'brainy' class 3 years out of 5 at high school. Year 10 I was in the 3rd brainiest, and year 13 doesn't have a brainy class.

9. Somehow I became a prefect at school. They must have had an islander quota to fullfill.

10. I have a hard time trying to tell when people are being serious. I'm always the idiot who makes the joke at exactly the wrong time.

11. Even though I'm a hardout christian and I hardout love music, I dislike most christian music.

12. After writing these 25 things I will remember something that I KNOW I should have written. But alas, by then it would be too late.

13. For about a year I carried a guitar around school to make myself look cool. It stopped when people asked me to teach them how to play it.

14. My favourite TV show of all time is Lost. Haters keep hating, you just know that the show is too cool for you. Also, if you say "they're STILL on the island???" I might punch you in the nose.

15. Will Ferrell is my favourite comedy actor. Step Brothers = crude but ridiculously funny.

16. I'm part Chinese but I can't fight like one.

17. I hate getting 20 new notifications on Facebook and none of them is a comment on my page.

18. My earliest memory was running to hug my mum when she was pregnant with my younger sister Laura. I'm too lazy to run the calculations on how old I must have been.

19. I like to run after cats when they run away from me. Not too sure why.

20. It seems that every time I put my iPod on shuffle 'Spaceship' by Kanye West comes on.

21. My Samoan name means 'tree in the valley'. My English name either means 'gift', 'god exists', or 'wealthy'.

22. When I watch Laughing Samoans with my family I pretend to laugh at everything. I think they might disown me if they found out I don't find it that funny.

23. I am terrified of slugs and snails. I know they are really really slow and they can't harm you, and that it's an irrational fear, but there you go. Hold one up to me and I'll run screaming like a girl in the other direction.

24. I love walking long distances alone with my iPod.

25. I love Amy Klootwyk.

3 comments:

  1. LOL at numbers 3,5,9,13,19,22... Not that you're going to go to the measures of scrolling up and down to see which numbers humour me. I wouldn't. Hahaha.

    I don't find Laughing Samoans funny either! But I do the obligatory laughing because everyone else enjoys it so much in my family.

    That earliest memory of yours is superbly garty.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "19. I like to run after cats when they run away from me. Not too sure why."

    I read this and thought "what the ass?"

    "22. When I watch Laughing Samoans with my family I pretend to laugh at everything. I think they might disown me if they found out I don't find it that funny."

    It's true. Mum will never speak to you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I find some bits of it legit crackup, but most of it just makes me think "Aahh I see what he did there, nice."

    ReplyDelete