Monday, August 23, 2010

Few thoughts 7

This blog now has a Like button! At the bottom of each post. Yusss. So, yeah. Like something if you like it.

I was gonna add different stuff to click, like a "funny" button, or a "cool" one. But then I thought that they would be pretty pointless, and decided against them. Also, it seems you can click on "like" more than once, but please don't do that. It'll make me think there are more people reading this than there actually are.
__________________________________

Usually when I have a sore tooth I just chew with the other side of my mouth and it's fine. But today I was in the unfortunate situation of having both sides with sore teeth. I guess the average person would admit defeat and just eat things that you don't have to chew.

Not me. Nope. Mum made a mean dinner, so there was no way I was backing down. I chewed like a real man, switching back and forth between the sides of my mouth, and straight swallowed the bigger bits.
__________________________________

Just watched Shutter Island and it was pretty good; I don't why everyone was dissapointed with it. Maybe they thought that just because they predicted the twist that it made the movie obsolete. Like many great movies, it's not actually the plot that makes it awesome; it's the story-telling.

It's the visual and imagery. It's the music, both dramatic and subtle. It's the setting. The exaggerated horror-film-type camera shots. All coming together to create an amazingly chilling atmosphere that the more than capable actors fill perfectly.

Now Leo, it's time to leave Scorsese. No more of this Crowe/Scott and Depp/Burton type nonsense.
__________________________________

The most off-putting thing about doing Zumba-type workouts is how the people on the screen talk CONSTANTLY while doing it, and I'm panting right from the beginning. Like, screw you buddy. I'm ultra wasted and you're just singing along to the song that's playing.
__________________________________

The greatest scene from any comedy movie in the last 10 years in my opinion is the scene with the acoustic 'Sweet Child O Mine' rendition sung by Derek's family in Step Brothers. Derek's solo for the win.

1 comment:

  1. "I chewed like a real man, switching back and forth between the sides of my mouth, and straight swallowed the bigger bits."

    I real man? really?


    that made me lololol

    ReplyDelete