Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bye bye street cred

I have been listening to way more Taylor Swift than the socially accepted amount. While I'm not exactly sure what the acceptable quota is, I do know that I've had her Fearless album on repeat for a few hours now (not to mention the amount of times I've listened to 'Mine' the past couple of days), so I think it's safe to conclude that it's over the maximum amount of acceptable swifting.

Swifting? Wow my condition is worse than I thought. It's just that her songs are so singalongable right.

Fricken heck Jesse. Now I gotta go get down on some Mew or Bradley Hathaway or Janelle Monae to try get some of my indie credibility back. I just hope it's not too late, I may have lost it permanently. Hopefully next time you see me I won't be humming 'Fifteen'.

2 comments:

  1. I say just accept the fact that you love her music and you are confident enough in yourself to listen and enjoy. Way cooler than someone who only likes a certain genre of music and finds all of their identity in that. Love what you love unashamedly and be a happier person (Though this philosophy does have certain boundaries... )
    ~Gin

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Though this philosophy does have certain boundaries... )

    Then it's not an airtight philosophy, which means I refuse to follow it :D Lawl jokes, but hardout, T Sweezy ftw.

    ReplyDelete