Monday, January 17, 2011

Few thoughts 15

Sorry about the week-long delay in posts, but I was at Tairua with some friends, had a good week at beaches and waterholes there. Met some cool people, jumped off some rocks into water, watched a movie called August Rush, and made jokes with Dan that no one will else will ever find funny. Also, a special mention to Amy who provided me with a towel for a week because mine mysteriously dissappeared. Thanks baby!

That's my quota for being social sorted for the year.
__________________________________

Hanging out with Trey and Russell this week really brought my passion for music back, especially the writing side. Gotta get together with my main man Joel again and spark some jam sessions. There's nothing quite like singing a song to God that you fully mean, with every fibre of your being.
__________________________________

When the new Facebook profile page first came out, I didn't get why there was so much hate directed towards it. There was pretty much no difference between it and the previous layout. Like, asides from more pictures and... yeah, that's about it. And now, everyone has gotten over it so quickly. Fickle fickle people.
__________________________________

Now that I'm back on my football buzz (what most people refer to as "soccer"), I find myself up late a lot more, as most Premier League games start at 3am or 5am. I can't wait for Super 15 and NRL to start up again, and see if all of my 4 teams can win their respective competitions in one season: Super 15 (Bulls), NRL (Roosters), Rugby World Cup (Springboks), EPL & Champions League & FA Cup (Manchester United).

I'm not sure if I'll ever get into NFL aye. I tried watching a few matches but it just didn't grab me. Maybe I should watch it with fans of the game, I'm sure that'll get me into it. Or maybe I should get me some Madden on.
__________________________________

If there's one thing I want to do more these days, it's to read more. Not just to read more of The Word (which I really should), but just reading in general. Novels, newspapers, etc. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah definitely should get together sometime again. I'm at home being antisocial most days so just give me a txt. And with regards to reading I do a lot of that. On a bit of a Sherlock Holmes and Charles Dickens buzz atm. Let me know your reading interests and I'll think of something you might like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything aye, but I could definately get on a Sherlock buzz. He was the original I'm-right-in-every-episode guy; The Mentalist and House are just biters.

    ReplyDelete