Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thiiis negro

Some people say that white people can't say the word "nigga", but black people are allowed. Actually, let us be specific: black people say that white people can't say the word "nigga", but black people are allowed.

That's stupid.

First of all, if it's offensive, don't say it at all. Offensive is offensive regardless of who said it. Are you saying that white people can't offend you, but you can offend yourself? Why should you get angry if they do what you're doing? Words don't have birth rights attached to them.

Secondly, how do you know they're being racist? You're the one being racist if you assume that the caucasian is being derogatory towards you because of your respective skin colours. Most white people I know have a ton of dark friends anyway, and I know I don't care when my white mates call me coconut or whatever. Then again, I call my white friends cracker and honky, so I might be somewhat of an exception. Hmmm.

Besides, I have an easy way to fix the problem: Just pronounce it right, and I'm sure it'll seem a lot less racist. I believe that black people don't get mad at the word 'nigga'; it's the word 'nigger' that gets them going. Just make sure not to pronounce the 'r' sound at the end. There's a big difference. See, try it:

Nigga: a brother, probably also a rapper
Nigger: an inferior dark person

Fixed.

3 comments:

  1. the word makes me shudder. lkkjkjaslkj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point. I really don't like 'nigger' but I don't really mind 'nigga'. For the record I don't actually use either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my poppa who is african american would not allow the word said in the house at all, if you said it you could tell it hurt, hed look at you and then ignore you for the rest of the night.
    just dont do it, ever

    ReplyDelete