Saturday, July 10, 2010

Few thoughts 5

I've noticed something about Shortland Street. Whenever someone asks for advice, the advice given is usually somewhat sensible. But when the advice-givers are themselves in situations, they never react the way they would advise others to. More likely, they'd make exactly the wrong decision. Which probably echoes society and how real people act. It's so much easier to talk the talk, isn't it, than to walk the (right way to) walk.
__________________________________

Chuck Norris facts are only funny when they're less than 3 sentences long.
__________________________________

I love it in Spongebob when they zoom into stuff and make it look all exaggerated. There's this one episode with a disgusting crabbie pattie, and when they zoom into it, it's all brown and rotten, with a boot sticking out the side of the burger.

A boot. Awesome.
__________________________________

People get angry at the Springboks because they only win games with penalties. First of all, watch your discipline when you're playing a team with a world class goalkicker. It's not like penalties are awarded for no reason people. Secondly, last year in the tri nations, Springboks scored 11 tries, while All Blacks only scored 9. Ouch.
__________________________________

I had a dream once that I owned a Charizard. We flew everywhere together. It was one of the happiest dreams I've ever had in my whole life. Flying through the air on his back, touching the clouds, looking down on cities; it was amazing. And I understood him. He roared, and just as Han Solo understood Chewie, I knew exactly what Charizard was saying. We never flied for too long though, because he knew how cold I got.

My favourite part though? I may have said "owned" before, but that's not accurate. He was my friend. Not my pet to own, not my pokemon to summon, not my servant to instruct; he was my equal.

My friend.

I hope I dream of you again Charizard, I truly do. And when I do, I hope you remember me. Remember how we flew over Manukau, and over Weymouth beach. How awesome would it be, to soar with you one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment