Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Few thoughts 6

You know what's hardout awkward? When someone in the room is hardout dissing a song or movie, like fully ripping into it, but there's someone else in the room that you know really likes what they are hating on. But no one else realizes this. And the person who likes it doesn't really know the dissing person that well, so they can't be like, "Shutup egg, it's a mean song."

You try to look at the person with a sympathetic look on your face, to show that you feel sorry for them. Or you might even try saying out loud: "Oh it's not too bad right, I don't mind it." But then it goes ultra awkward when they reply with "Nah, it's honestly soooo dumb. Why would anyone even like it? Why do YOU like it??"

Or am I the only person who is ever in those situations. Sigh.
__________________________________

I really miss Joel Defries. But Drew is a thousand times better than that Jermaine dude. Didn't Jermaine release an actual song, as an artist?

I think it got played twice. Ever.
__________________________________

Been getting into artists again that I used to hardout listen to that I havn't listened to properly in years. Tegan & Sara, Maximo Park, Lecrae, Broken Social Scene, Animal Collective, Brooke Fraser, mewithoutYou, Paul Simon; really good stuff. Still remember the lyrics, still love em. Oh, and thanks to my cousin Brian, been listening to more Janelle Monae. She's frigin awesome.
__________________________________

Celebrities being total idiots never deter me from their work. Like how no one likes John Mayer as a person, but I still listen to his songs. And how Christian Bale is apparently a total weirdo with anger issues, but I still highly rate his acting. And I dig Oasis, despite the two brothers being the most up themselves artists I've ever heard of.

The art and talent taken to create the art stand apart in my opinion. Unless the art itself is so objectionable (yes, I looked it up, that's an actual word) that it doesn't matter how talented they are, as I wouldn't want to affiliate myself (publicly or in secret) with such a thing.
__________________________________

Me and Amy's tastes in good-looking guys are really different. When she points out a guy that she thinks is hot, I'm usually like "Eehh, he's okaaayyy, but not hardout good looking"

Then I'll be like about another dude: "Far out, if I were a chick, I would marry him." And she'd look at me all funny. But then again, maybe she's just looking at me funny for finding a guy hot in the first place? Hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. LOL give us an example of yours n amy's different taste in guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think zac efron is shmexy and she doesnt.

    (you're gonna side with her arent you? i can just feel it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hes cute, hes too young looking and slim for my taste but good looking. who does she like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. too young? hes older than us isnt he? O_o haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You like Zac coz he looks like a girl...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete