Thursday, December 2, 2010

Facebook: The Movie

I wonder how much of 'The Social Network' is accurate. Was Eduardo Saverin as cool as he was in the film? Because he is definately cool in the film. Were the Winklevoss twins really responsible for the idea in the first place? Maybe. Is Mark Zuckerberg that much of a douche? I doubt it right. Interviews with others show him to be a decent enough guy, and by all accounts the drama aspects of the movie are fiction.

But it was a much more interesting film than I thought it was going to be. And even if the drama and animosity is dialed up more in the film than it is in real life, you still have to wonder what went down for the twins and Saverin to be angry enough to sue him. Ah well, I don't care enough about it to research it further, so I'll just take it as a good movie and move on.

David Fincher for the win.

Also, since I automatically think that Justin Timberlake is a douche in real life (I don't really know why), having him play such an a-hole in the movie really doesn't help. Ah well. Maybe he's a nice guy. He probably is.

And while this is slightly off-topic, I'm really glad that Andrew Garfield (the guy who plays Eduardo) is going to be the next Spider-Man. Old news right, but watching Social Network does make me happier with that casting decision than I previously was. I love me some Tobey Maguire Spidey, but since they are rebooting, I think Garfield is definately the right way to go.


4 comments:

  1. i think of him more like:

    Eduardo skaaarx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spider Man is supposed to be slightly cool and brainy, Toby was just all geeek....... Hopefully this guy is better but judging from this foto he looks like a faaaaaaaag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah this is one of his more feminine-ish-type photos, he'll be gangsta i bet.

    ReplyDelete