Monday, November 29, 2010

Dream street

I've been living in Weymouth now for almost 2 years now (shucks has it been that long?), and I've only now just realized how much I like it here. I mean, yeah, I like living with my family right, that goes without saying. But I meant that I like it in terms of "where". In terms of geographical location, I find this current address quite ideal. More specifically, I'm a big fan on the road we are on.

- It's very very close to the bus stop. Seeing that I have no car, I commute quite a lot using public transport, and there is a bus stop right by our street. It takes less than a minute to walk from our drive way to the bus stop. Awesome aye.

- It's not on the main road. This way, we don't get cars driving past all day, so there's a sense of peace when you get home, as opposed to just being in another part of this busy life.

- While it's not on the main road, it's not too far back in winding back roads that no one has heard of, so it's still pretty easy to direct people to my place when they want to come over (probably to pick me up for church).

- It's quite close to a spot me and Amy like to go. Slightly secluded-ish, it was where we went a lot when we first started dating, and it's very romantic to back there every now and again. It's my backup plan to get her to love me again when she gets sick of me in the future. Shhhh.

- It's close to a park/field. Not that I'm exactly the sporty "lets go and have some kicks with rugby ball" kinda guy, there have been a few occasions where the whole family has gone down there for some fresh air away from the internet and MySky. Good times.

- The area we are in isn't the dodge part of Weymouth, so walking around after dark (to go to the dairy, etc) doesn't feel dangerous. I go for walks sometimes, and it feels good knowing that I probably won't get jumped. Probably.

- Which reminds me: there is a dairy not too far away.

Sure, a lot of people may live in streets with many similar features, so it's probably not as amazing as I'm trying to make it out be, but that doesn't mean I'm not thankful that my street is the street I live in right. It could very well have been a loud street with heaps of dodgy neighbors who have dangerous dogs, with no parks or dairies nearby.

But it's not.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! "..loud street with heaps of dodgy neighbors who have dangerous dogs, with no parks or dairies nearby." - don't diss my street!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would do to have a dairy with in 1 minute walk of my place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jono: Yeah but then those 3am walks wouldn't be as fun if you lived near everything right.

    Bina, I was actually dissing Amy's street, but I forgot you guys both live there haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russell Road hard for one month and one week more :(

    ReplyDelete