Sunday, November 14, 2010

To clear things up

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am actually a Coldplay fan.

I say this because I mentioned in my last post that I think The Beatles are better than them, and in another one about a month ago I said that Radiohead were better than them too. Well, I still stand by those statements, but that don't change the fact that I love me some Coldplay. They were the first real rock band (yes, they are rock) I probably got into. There are certain feelings and memories attached to their older stuff that will always make those songs awesome to me, including liking Yellow even more than before now that it's me and Amy's song.

But at the same time, I really enjoy their newer stuff too. 'Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends' was a great album in my opinion, and it's interesting to see where they go next from here. They may not be the music gods that the British media sees them as, but they are still one of the best new bands to come out of the noughties, no doubt about that.

Fave Coldplay jam right now:

5 comments:

  1. i just ADORE them. I want to meet Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. htw you wrote a retraction lololol

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a retraction per se, more a clarification piece. i dont want people to think i dont like them. if i recall correctly, the first convo i ever had with shaye was in maths, and we were talking about coldplay, and she recomended 'Warning Sign' to me lawl.

    if i ever write a retraction for anything, it'll be when i admit im wrong as the all blacks lift up the world cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Blacks lift up the world cup = Pigs flying over frozen hell

    ReplyDelete