Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sounds of RocknRolla

One thing I hate about a lot of films is that they sometimes use too much commercial music for their soundtrack, instead of composing music specifically for the film. However, with Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla, the songs used for the soundtrack are perfect. I've been listening to them on YouTube for days now, and this is the first movie soundtrack I've ever seriously considered purchasing.

Oh and by the way Joel, I think you'd appreciate this post especially, seeing as you have a newfound fondness of The Clash, The Doors and The Who. That's kind of the vibe this compilation has. Kind of.

Here are some of the highlights off the soundtrack:
__________________________________

Bankrobber by The Clash



I can't believe I didn't know this song before watching this film. Pretty much my favourite song right now.

__________________________________

I'm A Man by Black Strobe



I love this riff. No one writes rock songs like this anymore.

__________________________________

The Gun by Lou Reed



It's Lou Reed. Expect awesomeness. Slow but great song.

__________________________________

Rock & Roll Queen by The Subways



Well I already knew this one, but it's still a great tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment