Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Contentment

When I started this blog, I didn't really know what would happen with it. I knew I would write a few stuff here and there, some thoughts, maybe even some reviews, and that I would hound my close friends into reading it all the time; but then, what after that?

How long was I going to do it? For the rest of my life?

Lately, I've been wondering if I should stop blogging. I've been contemplating it for a few weeks actually. After only a few months, the buzz has kind of died, and people still don't really read it, except for the faithful few (who must be annoyed that I've taken to Facebook messaging them every update). Maybe it's just pointless, and since so few people read it, no one would really notice right. I could just write stuff on the "Notes" section on Facebook; what's the difference? That sounds like it makes sense.

However, one person would be very sad if this all stopped: Me.

After contemplating it, I've realized that I actually enjoy writing for Ok Laptop; not because hundreds of people read it, but because I've just always liked writing. I have tonnes of posts with no comments on it, but when I remember back, I recall that writing them was fun anyway. Writing, whether it's for entertainment or education (lol education), makes me happy. Something about just putting words down onto paper (or a computer moniter) makes me happy. And blogging is especially fun. As much as I enjoy essays, there is nothing like writing something and knowing no one is going to mark it. I look forward to blogging when I'm away from a computer.

It's like having a journal for me. My father has always had a journal, and every year he buys a new one. He loves writing down everything that has happened to him, and other thoughts, every day. If I inherited anything from him (well, my mum would have you believe that I've inherited a lot from him), it's the desire to just write down my thoughts. My dad has his journal, and now I've got mine too. It just so happens that others can read mine if they wish.

The readership of Ok Laptop has grown, has shrunk, and has changed since I started it. Not by much you see; No, not by much at all. But what has remained the same is that I still like writing out my thoughts. If I ever have stop enjoying it, no matter how many people are reading it, I will stop. But I am enjoying it, no matter how many people don't read it, so I won't stop.

*clicks Publish Post*

7 comments:

  1. Bro if you think almost no one reads your blog look at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing too. But then I remember that maybe people read every post and just have nothing to say/comment about. Like me to your posts.

    OK Laptop > no OK Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love the comment "(well, my mum would have you believe that I've inherited a lot from him)". It makes me mainly happy to think that little bits of parents are carried around in their children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement guys :D And Ginnie, I'm very sure that's the case for everyone. It'll take about 3 seconds to think of at least one thing weve inherited from the rents. And I like that too lawl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stop! (belieeeeeving) Seriously though, don't stop.

    It gives me some peace of mind to know that you're at blogging between 1am-4am instead of being out somewhere doing [insert stupid/illegal/hiding-worthy activity]. Mind you, according to that movie about FB, that dork was blogging while drunk and doing something hiding-worthy. Hmmm...I'll install a camera in the garage then.

    Lol @ "little bits of parents are carried around in their children"! That makes sense, as little bits of parents created the children right? EEEEEWWWW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you were over at my place today, and I don't know if you managed to install the camera or not. Let the paranoia begin.

    ReplyDelete