Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lay of the land... for now.

Over on my Amy's blog, she recently did a post of things she liked and didn't like right now; everything from music to TV to people etc. After reading it again, I thought it would be a relatively easy post, so I thought I'd do one of my own. She inspires me yet again. :D

Also, if you're interested, here's the link to her original post: Things that I like and dont like right now...

Here is mine!
__________________________________
__________________________________

MUSIC

Likes:



- Willie Nelson and Norah Jones do an amazing cover of the old classic "Baby It's Cold Outside". I kinda thought it would be creepy to listen to (he's seventy-something, she's thirty-something), as it's a bit of a love song, but the maturity in Norah Jones' voice and the general downplaying of any seriousness by both of them makes this a very good listen.

- "Monster" by Kanye West. Featuring Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, this sees all three emcees at the top of their game. A definate mustlisten for any hip-hop fan; if you can overlook a little french in your songs that is.

- Any and all Relient K. I don't really know why, but I'm back on the Relient K buzz that I havn't been on in years. I just really love all their songs. Simple pop-punk with lyrics that are quite clever but also meaningful right.

Dislikes:

- I cannot STAND that "Like A G6" song. It doesn't even sound like music to me. I dunno. I try to be tolerant of most music, and I even like a lot of music that isn't too critically acclaimed (sup Creed), but that song just really really gets on my nerves.

- I hate "Like A G6".
__________________________________

TV

Likes:



- Ronan Keating as a judge on The X-Factor. He seems like a really cool guy. I agree with him the most, for sure, and he never says vague things that no one can understand, just to sound all musical. Plus, his accent doesn't sound as unintelligent as the others'. Yes, I realize all the other judges have the same accent. It's Australian. *shudder*

Dislikes:

- Natalie Imbruglia as a judge on The X-Factor. Has no one ever taught her the important skill of NOT interrupting people every time they say something she doesn't agree with?

- All the new reality tv shows. Watching them turns me into a nasty person, and it slowly kills my inner child. There's only so many times I can hear "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win" before I want to do something that involves the remote, throwing, and the TV screen being smashed.



- The fact that Lost is no more. No more Lost!!! Watching my Season 1 dvd through again just makes me miss it even more.
__________________________________

MOVIES

Likes:

(moves that I'm high on now, not an all-time fave list)

- District 9. It's on Sky right now, and rewatching it reminds me how awesome it was the first time I watched it.



- In Bruges. Only saw it this year, and I thought it was simply brilliant. One of my favourite movies of all time, for sure.

- I Love You, Man. This is just a very funny movie, through and through. "Laters on the menjay" sums it all up I think.

- Harry Potter Part 7 Part 1. I could see why a lot of people wouldn't have liked it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very rare that a film stays so faithful to a book while also making it seem flow seemlessly as if it were always written as a film. More character driven than anything.

Dislikes:

- I don't really know. Tim Burton and Michael Bay aren't anywhere in sight, and in general movies coming out these days aren't too terrible right.

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that you don't like "Like a G6".

    I HARD out agree with the Natalie Imbruglia. I think I dislike her more than you. Really.

    And watching Lost on DVD is nostalgic. It's way different to watching it on television on Wednesday nights. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. watching Lost the other night was haaaardout different. but im so keen on a marathon until the end again right. such a good show.

    and yeah you probably do dislike her more than me, and you dont even watch x factor haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ "my Amy". So she must be Claudia, and you're Mimi, right?

    ReplyDelete