Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog Award

So I guess, since one person is reading "ok Laptop" and awarded me for writing it, it isn't COMPLETELY a waste of time. Only a little bit. Thanks Shaye for the award, keep going hard.

Here it is:



So, as I understand the rules, upon recieving this prestigious award, I must share 7 facts about myself and then pass on the award to blogs I think are awesome. Here goes:

Seven things about yours truly:

1. According to my friends, if I were an element bender in the Avatar world (not the Avatar that James Cameron created; the one that M. Night Shyamalan ruined), I would be an air bender.

2. My favourite Disney animated movie of all time is 'Tarzan'. Weird that it's not any of the old classics, but honestly, I loved Tarzan as a kid. Watched it again this year, still really love it. And the Phil Collins soundtrack is awesome.

3. The first time I got "slain in the Spirit", there was no catcher behind me. I just fell onto the person praying for someone else behind me. Good times.

4. My teams:

Intl rugby: Springboks
Super 14: Bulls
NRL: Roosters & Storm
Barclays league: Manchester United

5. When I go on the computer my usual order of sites to go on is: Facebook, Blogspot, Hotmail, XKCD, Inside Pulse Wrestling, Lords Of Pain, then IGN.

6. My favourite person in the Bible is Job. Far out man. That guy. Dear everyone who thinks they have problems: read Job, and look at his response. Then procede to open your eyes and realize that God is bigger than all the obstacles that you think are worth getting worried over.

7. My Samoan name is translated "tree in the valley".
__________________________________

And now, these are the blogs that I think are awesome. If you don't already, read and follow them. I award these following blogs:

Applez For Knowledge
- For deep and often inspiring Christian posts that are even relevent if you aren't a Christian. I credit her for reviving my desire to blog.

Laura Toailoa - My little sister's blog. She rambles a lot, but in an entertaining and heartfelt way. Also, I think she's the only person who has her name as the blog title. Nice.

Anne She Was - The most visual and colourful blog I read. Her words are pictures and her pictures speak a thousand words.

Living Like Laree
- Good music recommendations. Unedited and thought-out opinions. Fashion stuff that I don't care about but you might like.

These next blogs also deserve the award and I am giving it to them too, but they are blogs that don't have that much writing on them. While only a few posts are on there, I still enjoyed reading them very much. I hope they continue to get updated, as I really like the writing:

Analogue\\//Digital - My main man Joel. My songwriting partner (whenever I get my ass into gear and meet up with him). Good musician, sure to come up with good songs soon. Watch this space.

A little bit of cyber earth - The blog of singer/songwriter Ben Abraham. Good music knowledge and good humour.

Thorn in the Roses - Jono's blog. Good wise musing on here. He's a smart guy. If you can get past the massive picture of the yellow chicks. What the ass.

A little bit of Gin - A blog about living that I consider witty. The good wit, not the douchebag university student wit. My kind of blog.

Talia Design - Not a written blog, but more a visual website advertising her awesome graphic design skills. Nice stuff on here.

2 comments: