Thursday, September 2, 2010

Green Lantern... I thought he was black?

The teaser posters for 'Green Lantern' actually look pretty good. I wasn't looking forward to it until quite recently. The poster is quite basic but there's something about it that I like. Good idea to hold back on revealing what the suit looks like too.



Comic book adaptations have really stepped up a notch in quality the past few years, with movies like 'Batman Begins' and 'Iron Man' really showing how a good an origin story could be, while still being an entertaining movie.

Plus, despite the fact that Amy immediately begins to ignore me as soon as she sees him, I do like Ryan Reynolds. He should make a good lead, and he has a good director in Martin Campbell leading the way.

As always, with these things, I'm way too excited way too early. The film doesn't get released until June next year. Oh yay.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like the packaging of that new gum... 5?
    Gogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawl. I so see that now. Thanks for killing the coolness of Green Lantern.

    -_-'

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a man after my own heart. amy=stephen and you are just like me. although...we both like LOTR, except that I bothered to read the novels where as Stephen is just interested in Pete's film making ability.
    I heart comic adaptations big time and watch most of them, bar daredevil (lame) and incredible hulk (too green). your blog will now be a regular haunt. keep up the great raving. never know who might be affected hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks susan. always appreciate more readers :D

    and hardout, comic adaptations are awesome. and concerning daredevil, theres talk of rebooting the franchise, so expect a reimagining of the character in the next few years. :D

    ReplyDelete