Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back in my day

The nostalgia for this generation is going to be so weird once we're old. What am I going to complain about to my kids and grandchildren in the future when I talk about things 'during MY day?'

"Back in my day, we sat in front of computers all day, and actually typed the words out with a physical keyboard. Do you even know what the word 'typing' means? Didn't think so. You kids are so spoilt with your telekenetic headsets..."

I guess that's not too bad. Technological nostalgia is always better than music nostalgia:

"You want to listen to REAL music? Play some of those Justin Bieber mp3 files I still have lying around..."


*shudders*

3 comments:

  1. What's weird is talking to my cousins in primary/intermediate who are like doing power point presentations for "assignments" & "homework". Bring back the felt tips & lined/hole punched paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you stole that post from xkcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at you if you thought xkcd had that idea first... fail. and i didnt use the same example :D

    ReplyDelete