Saturday, October 30, 2010

Few thoughts 11

I just realized how strange it is that the Weezer singer's name is Rivers Cuomo. His first name is Rivers. Not River. It has an 's' at the end. Rivers. What the ass kind of weird name is that.

And his last name is Cuomo. I don't even know how to pronounce it. Is is coo-moh?
__________________________________

You know what I don't like about Spongebob Squarepants? The fact that he is extremely physically weak, and yet is also very proficient at karate. This always used to bug me. How could he be both? But I pushed it to the back of my mind, and once I got over it, Spongebob became enjoyable again.

Until I realized that he has a full time 9-5 job, while also attending school every day during the day time.
__________________________________

Earlier this week, I made plans with my mate David to have a 24 marathon some time after exams. I hope these plans come to fruition as I have never watched a 24 episode before, and I'm very keen to experience the full greatness of the Jack Bauer power hour.
__________________________________

I've found out that inebriated Samoan adults have very interesting conversations about everything, from religion and God to just throwing creative insults at each other (followed by 5 minutes straight of just laughing). Usually I'm not around when they hang together like this, but being their DJ (aka just playing their hardout fobby CDs) meant I was in close proximity.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm a 24 marathon sounds like my kind of thing. Love Jack Bauer. Also said inebriated Samoan adults sound like my Dad's side of the family at family dinners lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, 24 is respected in many social circles, ive just never had the chance to truly get into it. cant wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. He features in Magic by B.O.B! I knew that name looked familiar (I looked it up on wikipedia).

    And I'm still yet to watch 24. On a scale of 1 to Lost, where is 24?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or if that doesn't make sense to you:
    MacGyver>24>Prison Break

    Or:
    Heroes S1>24>Heroes S2

    ReplyDelete
  5. of the shows that i recognize, my one would go something like this:

    Lost > Heroes S1 > Heroes S2 > Prison Break

    ReplyDelete